Thursday, September 10, 2009

Simplicity

It's the little things that matter the most; I woke up this morning with a new perspective on what really matters. I look around me and inside me and I am surrounded by the idea and belief that what I accumulate determines my quality of life; your 'stuff' is your wealth and your lifestyle is your value. What a crock! Anyone who has experienced a major loss, sacrifice or accomplishment knows that it's not the giant leaps that make a difference it's the small consistent steps that occur in everyday life that advance us the most. The tortoise beat the hare remember? As I sit back and survey the new responsibilities in my life I am comforted by the transformative work the Holy Spirit is doing in my life. Change is never easy but always necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment