Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Beginning

I can hardly call the start of my Artprize project the beginning of my artistic work;my journey as an artist began at my conception, even before that I think.The seeds of my parents were planted in me long before I was even born; my destiny was determined before my first step. Which is fine with me because the question of "what do I want to be when I grow up?" was never a part of my adolescent years. I always knew I was an artist.
This is a dreary day to start my Artprize project. However, I have never looked at the rain as a negative characteristic of nature; we all know it's necessary for growth and renewal. Renewal is definitely an appropriate word for the creative process of this particular work. After an impressive night's sleep (a full 12 hours!) I'm ready to begin the mural. I'll begin by giving myself the freedom of doing whatever the hell I want to do without limitations! No rules or requirements, no hesitations or worries, just expression at it's best.A few sketches...lunch with my brother, sister and nephew...a trip to Home Depot or Lowes to price supplies...quiet time with God...dinner with Granny..and my day is pretty much summed up! A great "beginning" in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment