Wednesday, September 8, 2010

15 days to go...



A magical night of drawing last night...aahhhh, the joys of artistry!!!
I had a much needed conversation with a fellow artist/friend as I was working on the fluffy afro puff. As I sketched we talked about our similar struggles of balancing 9-5's and art, working the hustle and not letting it work you and the never solved dilemma of love and relationships. It felt so good to talk and laugh with another artist who shares in my journey. Turns out I'm not alone after all.


I was talking with one of my girlfriends/co-worker this morning as I got in to the office and she asked when did Artprize start. As I was answering her I realized that today is the two week mark! Of course, immediately all the tasks started buzzing around in my head. The "to-do" list goes on and on...invites, transportation, food or no food?, building a frame, press releases..yada yada...I could let all that stuff consume me but that would just zap all the joy out of this whole process now wouldn't it? Yeah, I think I will relax, do what I can and let God handle the details.
A good friend is going to construct a frame for the piece. It's soooo good to know handymen and handywomen! This is the first time I have ever had a custom frame built for a piece so this should be interesting.

Back to the salt mines...

No comments:

Post a Comment